True dental emergencies are rare, but if your child does suffer one, the first thing you should do is seek help. Our office offers emergency dental appointments to all of our patients, so if you have a dental emergency, call us immediately at 704-752-1900
. We can offer tips on how best to care for the problem, and we will bring you in for an emergency appointment so our pediatric dentist, Dr. Scott L. Weinstein, can restore your child’s smile back to normal.
Contacting our office is the best thing to do in a dental emergency. But what qualifies as a true emergency? While it is not always obvious, here are a few things that qualify as a genuine dental emergency:
- Severe toothaches or a tooth pain that lasts for a long time
- A cracked or fractured tooth
- A chipped, broken, or otherwise damaged tooth
- A tooth that is fully or partially knocked out
- Losing a dental restoration like a filling
- Severe damage to the tongue, cheeks, lips, gums, or other soft tissue of the mouth
If your child suffers from any of these problems, you should contact our office immediately to schedule an emergency appointment. However, if your child suffers trauma to the head or neck, your emergency happens outside our office hours or you think your child may be in serious danger, it is best to head straight to the emergency room. In either case, be sure to contact us immediately to brief us on the situation so we can make a plan to help protect your child’s smile.